| Timeline of Events so Far - (Edit)
- A mysterious ad on the IE Blog leads to a countdown timer
- The Countdown page asks for keys.
- Several Keys have been found by using any of five cipher keys, either posted online or sent to bloggers.
- Several keys were solved by using the contents of a Puzzle Box Package, mailed to various people. The contents include a video.
- These keys have frequently been accompanied by extravagant gifts (laptops, media center computers, etc.) from Loki, the "Enigma Director", and all come from Microsoft's headquarters in Redmond, WA.
- The countdown expires Jan 8th 2007 at 6:30PM PST. A decompile of the Flash app on the main page reveals the location as the fountains in front of the Bellagio. This time and location coincides with the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas. It is expected that this is when the game will officially start.
- Several new countdowns are behind a particular key, listing various cities and times of additional live events.
- A new video from lokivanishes is discovered on YouTube, giving a new key.
- Scattered reports are arriving that the Microsoft CES Keynote includes more details about prizes.
- Registration available and rules and prizes posted. There's also a [FAQ] with more hints.
- The rules page lists a secret Meta Puzzle with an instant-win prize for the first to solve it. The prize is their name inscribed on each of a new AMD processor model to be released soon. Several clues in the puzzles, events, and in the original video could relate to the Meta Puzzle.
- Another clue from Loki surfaces at the bell desk of The Orleans hotel in Vegas, pointing to the location the event at the Bellagio Fountains.
- All of the events now have GPS coordinates. They are noted here on the Countdowns page.
- Jan 8th 2007: The Las Vegas Event has occurred, giving us a Video and Puzzle Box 1 has been unlocked. After all the puzzles are solved, Loki gives us a video: loki_time . At the end of the video a url is flashed on the screen pointing to a side contest to get your name printed on AMD Athlon 64 FX processors. Thus begins the Meta Puzzle.
- Jan 13th. 2007: The first of the two multi-city events occurred today, leaving us with Puzzle Box 2, clues written in the sky , and a new video (magicweb) after solving them all. The White Box Phenomenon has been connected to the Meta Puzzle through the Collection Plate directory.
- Jan 20th. 2007: The second of the two multi-city events occurs today, leaving us with Puzzle Box 3 and clues projected on buildings.
- Solving all of the puzzles gives yet another video. At its end, the words "/more_answers" flashes. Going to http://www.vanishingpointgame.com/more_answers, one finds a tracker of the puzzles completed.
- Jan 27th 2007: A special VIP party is being held for the last clue. To go you must be 18 or older and be able to get to the Seattle, WA event. The invitation was presented on the website.Media:SeattleInvite.jpg It gave instructions to RSVP via e-mail to email@example.com with "yes" in the body. A reply email was received.Media:SeattleInviteReply.JPG
- Jan 27th 2007: Identity of Loki: Finally evidence on who loki really is. Real name is Minae Noji. She is an actress at General Hospital. I guess this means everything she told us has a meaning. Here is a link to her myspace profile. http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=54234975
- Jan 27th 2007: The fourth box opens and all puzzles are now available to be solved and all white boxes to be identified.
- After clicking on all the white boxes and returning to the 'collectionplate' page, you are faced with a scrambled image, which when reassembled gives the coat of arms of the Odessa Oblast.
- After solving all the puzzles and returning to the 'more answers' page, you are faced with a word search puzzle. When all the words are found, only 6B617261 is left. Screenshots Media:cross1.jpg, Media:cross2.jpg, Media:cross3.jpg, Media:cross4.jpg
- At the end of the video for solving puzzle box four the link '/roamingroaming' is given. The page is a clue to some place if you follow the distances from an unknown source. The word "TANLI" is at the bottom of the page, which I assume is "LATIN". Maybe the starting place is ROME?
- The video for solving puzzle box four asks you to visit '/lokiv'. This provides a video for the final part of the meta puzzle. Four Lokis sit in four directors' chairs and ask you to find their name(s). See lokiv for further information.
- Jan 29th 2007: New video appeared on Soapbox. It is a release video for Windows Vista that also shows Loki's office at Microsoft headquarters. http://www.geocities.com/xtwilightx89
- UPDATE!! The roamingroaming page has been updated to say "Mystery Spot, CA". Previously the 'CA' wasn't there. Here is the website of the mystery spot. Mystery Spot
- Use Google EARTH! I have found that all the miles are Islands...
- Since these are are Islands, could TANLI then be the navigation waypoint of off Tunisia...
- The game is over!
- The final answer to the Meta Puzzle is "Lorelei, Odessa, Kara, Ivy" ...if you played the game you received a message from LOKI about the game. The solution to the Meta puzzle can be found here.
- The Grand Prize drawing was Jan 31st, and the winner will be contacted February 1st! On February 1st, the 1st-4th prizes will be drawn, and winners will be contacted in the following days... Good luck everyone! If a regular on this site wins, they should post their success story!
| Wiki News - (Edit)
2007-01-17: Upgraded to MediaWiki 1.9.0 (release notes)
2006-12-31: Spoiler plugin source code is available. There is also a new Flash video player plugin installed, as seen on the video page.
2006-12-28: A spoiler tag has been added to the Wiki markup. Wrap text in
<spoiler>...</spoiler> to hide it. See the example in the sandbox page. It's not yet tested on all browsers, so let me know if there's a problem. Please note that spoilers should only be used for specific puzzle solutions.
This wiki is an encyclopedia of all of the knowledge gained so far, much of it the result of solving previous puzzles, so is likely to be full of spoilerish information (especially when more plot gets revealed.) We don't need to spoilerize every single bit of information just because it might have come from some puzzle somewhere in the past. Just put spoiler tags around blatant answers/solutions to puzzles.