From Vanishing Point Wiki
Jump to navigationJump to search
- A mysterious ad on the IE Blog leads to a countdown timer
- The Countdown page asks for keys.
- Several Keys have been found by using any of five cipher keys, either posted online or sent to bloggers.
- Several keys were solved by using the contents of a Puzzle Box Package, mailed to various people. The contents include a video.
- These keys have frequently been accompanied by extravagant gifts (laptops, media center computers, etc.) from Loki, the "Enigma Director", and all come from Microsoft's headquarters in Redmond, WA.
- The countdown expires Jan 8th 2007 at 6:30PM PST. A decompile of the Flash app on the main page reveals the location as the fountains in front of the Bellagio. This time and location coincides with the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas. It is expected that this is when the game will officially start.
- Several new countdowns are behind a particular key, listing various cities and times of additional live events.
- A new video from lokivanishes is discovered on YouTube, giving a new key.
- Scattered reports are arriving that the Microsoft CES Keynote includes more details about prizes.
- Registration available and rules and prizes posted. There's also a [FAQ] with more hints.
- The rules page lists a secret Meta Puzzle with an instant-win prize for the first to solve it. The prize is their name inscribed on each of a new AMD processor model to be released soon. Several clues in the puzzles, events, and in the original video could relate to the Meta Puzzle.
- Another clue from Loki surfaces at the bell desk of The Orleans hotel in Vegas, pointing to the location the event at the Bellagio Fountains.
- All of the events now have GPS coordinates. They are noted here on the Countdowns page.
- Jan 8th 2007: The Las Vegas Event has occurred, giving us a Video and Puzzle Box 1 has been unlocked. After all the puzzles are solved, Loki gives us a video: loki_time . At the end of the video a url is flashed on the screen pointing to a side contest to get your name printed on AMD Athlon 64 FX processors. Thus begins the Meta Puzzle.
- Jan 13th. 2007: The first of the two multi-city events occurred today, leaving us with Puzzle Box 2, clues written in the sky , and a new video (magicweb) after solving them all. The White Box Phenomenon has been connected to the Meta Puzzle through the Collection Plate directory.
- Jan 20th. 2007: The second of the two multi-city events occurs today, leaving us with Puzzle Box 3 and clues projected on buildings.
- Solving all of the puzzles gives yet another video. At it's end, the words "/more_answers" flashes. Going to http://www.vanishingpointgame.com/more_answers, one finds a tracker of the puzzles completed.
- Jan 24th 2007: A special VIP party is being held for the last clue. To go you must be 18 or older and be able to get to the Seattle, WA event. To RSVP e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and in the body just put "yes".