Clues projected on The Brandenburg Gate, Berlin.
The images you see all represent firsts, ie. first printing press, first man in space, etc.
The notebook spaces do not fit the names, but the locations specific to those activities do.
The notebook spaces are filled as follows:
1. First solo transatlantic flight by Charles Lindbergh (mid-right picture) ended at Paris, France
2. First architectural arches (Brandenburg Gate event picture) are often associated with Babylon in modern day Iraq perhaps ------,IR-- << EDIT >> Possible answer: I came across this website. Down about 3/4 of the way is a reference to Ctesiphon Arch in Iraq. Names that reference it are Tisfun, Madain (Mada'in), and Kasfia. This would be almost enough answer to me.
3. First cave paintings (bottom right picture) found in LaScaux, France
4. (unknown) Should be associated with planets or solar system (Brandenburg Gate event picture) and fit the form ------,-------TA- (could be Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan or Uzbekistan) << EDIT 24 JAN 2007 - Answer is Tyuratam, KazakhsTAn. Tyuratam is another name for Baikonur. This should eliminate #8's original clue below. #8 is associated with solar system / Sun >> << EDIT 27 JAN 2007 - Answer is more likely Engels, KazakhsTAn, the place where Gagarin landed, since this more precisely fits the blanks in the puzzle >>
5. First airplane, Wright Flyer (top right picture) flew in Kitty Hawk, NoRth CarOlina
6. First constitution or democracy was established when King John was forced to sign the Magna Carta (bottom-mid picture) at RUnnymede, ENglanD
7. First printing press (bottom left picture) was built by Johannes Gutenberg in Mainz, GErmAny
8. First man in space was Yuri Gagarin (top center picture) launched from BaikonUr, Russia (Note: this should be an 'R') [?? Baikonur is in Kazakhstan or USSR, not Russia] << EDIT 24 JAN 2007 - Answer seems to be FromboRk, Poland. This is where Nicolas Copernicus, "the astronomer who formulated the first modern heliocentric theory of the solar system", died. >>
9. First major cosmic revision since Newton was Albert Einstein (bottom left picture) who lived in Bern, SwiTzerland when he published his most important work
10. First assembly line was the Ford Model T factory (top left picture) built in Detroit, MicHigan
Note that 8 of the entries come from in-game picture while the last 2 come from the live event pictures from Berlin.
If you fill in the blanks, you get FIRST AROUND EARTH. The answer is MAGELLAN.
Next book: Composers